Oh yeah? Well, I've got 2 19-inch CRT monitors, both running at 1600x1200 resolution. One is on a Linux box with 8 virtual desktops, and I fill up every single one of those desktops. That's also not counting the other 1600x1200 monitor which is on a Windows box, and my laptop at 1400x1050. So there. :-P
but i got THREE monitors at some crazy resolution w/ INFINITE combinations of remote desktops/usernames connecting to a buttload of lab systems (and of course, all windows)
ooh, you should hold 'iron geek' battles to crown the next ubergeek...hmmm, maybe iron's not the best term to use here...silicon maybe? wow, i needa go get a drink...staring at code all day. i have truly entered a cs job...yay! =)
4 Comments:
At 6:44 PM,
coredump said…
Oh yeah? Well, I've got 2 19-inch CRT monitors, both running at 1600x1200 resolution. One is on a Linux box with 8 virtual desktops, and I fill up every single one of those desktops. That's also not counting the other 1600x1200 monitor which is on a Windows box, and my laptop at 1400x1050. So there. :-P
At 7:45 PM,
alison said…
uhh, well i still value my eyesight...
but i got THREE monitors at some crazy resolution w/ INFINITE combinations of remote desktops/usernames connecting to a buttload of lab systems (and of course, all windows)
i'll let you claim the nerdiness title though :p
At 7:57 AM,
coredump said…
Ah, but that's only 3 monitors with 1 desktop each. And prescription hasn't changed in like 6 years... and I still see 20/20 with contacts/glasses.
Behold, I am UberGeek!! But who will carry on my legacy when I become Master Chef? I must find a suitable heir....
At 1:13 PM,
alison said…
ooh, you should hold 'iron geek' battles to crown the next ubergeek...hmmm, maybe iron's not the best term to use here...silicon maybe? wow, i needa go get a drink...staring at code all day. i have truly entered a cs job...yay! =)
Post a Comment
<< Home